- The tuition price includes; textbooks and associated ASA fees, (e.g. registration, certification).
- Please bring weather appropriate clothing. While we are currently in the Winter / Spring sailing season the day time temps are still cool, especially on the water. A hooded sweatshirt, a watch cap, and a windbreaker will feel great on a day when the highs only reach 65 degrees.
- Don't forget the sunglasses, sunscreen, sailing gloves, cap or visor, and boat shoes, (or a non-marring sport shoe)
- You are responsible for your own meals and accommodations. The lunch break is approximately one hour and 15 minutes, generally 11:30 to 12:45.
- You are responsible for your early meals on the first day of class. The boat will be provisioned after 5:00pm on the first day and all meals after that time can be prepared on board. However, you are expected to dine out at a local restaurant, near the marina we are berthed on one evening. When you go out to eat you are responsible for you own expenses.
- Starting on the evening of the first day of class you will berth aboard the selected training vessel.
- Bring your own bath towel & washclothes. We provide sheets, pillows and cases. We also have sleeping bags and blankets on board
- If we spend a night at anchor, a pair of sweats might feel pretty good as sleep wear. Our average temps are published on our index page, (dress appropriately). Remember, it feels cooler on the water.
- You will be working with Dead Reckoning navigation, so bring a watch or phone to keep time. If you know where the calculator function is on your phone, you'll have the opportunity to use it. Additional tools e.g. dividers and, parallel rules are provided.
- If you have a favorite coozie you might bring it. Water bottles get confused on the boat, put them in your coozie for identification.
- Bath Towels: When you are packing your bath towels toss in a few clothespins if you have them lying around. They work great to hang your towels on the rigging after a shower.
Copyright © 2019, Learn to Sail Texas,
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 331478 Corpus Christi, TX 78463
Classroom Address 505 S. Water Street, Suite #537
Corpus Christi, TX